Vi no The Amateur Gourmet um link para uma compilação de frases da Julia Child, feita pela revista Esquire em 2000. Adorei as tiradas da espirituosa cozinheira. Vou listar aqui as que fizeram a minha cabeça e com as quais concordei.
| Julia Child aos 88 anos
Foto do NY Times
- Being tall is an advantage, especially in business. People will always remember you. And if you’re in a crowd, you’ll always have some clean air to breathe. [*Julia tinha quase 1,90m!]
- I’m awfully sorry for people who are taken in by all of today’s dietary mumbo jumbo. They are not getting any enjoyment out of their food.
- Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.
- Drama is very important in life: You have to come on with a bang. You never want to go out with a whimper. Everything can have drama if it’s done right. Even a pancake.
- I don’t think about whether people will remember me or not. I’ve been an okay person. I’ve learned a lot. I’ve taught people a thing or two. That’s what’s important. Sooner or later the public will forget you, the memory of you will fade. What’s important are the individuals you’ve influenced along the way.
- Always remember: If you’re alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who’s going to know?